Meeting Keza

Monday, May 24, 2010

Jubilee

For almost two years we have called our little girl Jubilee. As evidenced by the name of this blog, our conversations with all of you and even the decor in her room, we had settled on that name. It took one look. I understood immediately that she is Keza and she always will be. We will keep her name as it is. Keza means beautiful in Kinyarwandan and was given to her by the Sister who welcomed her into Mother Theresa's orphanage in the middle of the night last December 29th when she was only six days old.

What's most beautiful about all of this is that 'waiting for jubilee' is still appropriate. We will spend our lives celebrating her as all of our children. We have waited for her and dreamed of her and prepared for her. And now she is here. This is definately our year of jubilee.

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! Did you pick Noella or was that her middle name all along. Either way, given her date or birth it is both beautiful & fitting. Again, I am over the moon for you guys. God is so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is amazing for me to see a child from Home of Hope receive a forever family when she was not even at the orphanage yet when we were there in December. This is very reassuring that adoptions are continuing and on the rise in Rwanda. I love that you kept your daughter's given name, we kept our son's as well. It is such a important part of their history and identity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, when I read her name, I guessed you would keep it. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl - but you know that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you- we are planning to keep our child's name too. I couldn't imagine anything more beautiful than her given Kinyarwandan name-it is who she is. And your little girl is definitely beautiful, so the name fits perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to start my day. I thank your precious grandmother for sharing the joy of your family with me, you are all so beautiful. I can hardly wait to hold and behold your little girl. love from skye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I am so happy for you!! I to have not been on the internet much,(summer is here in AK!! time to go outside!!) but when I cheaked this morning and saw pictures of you in Africa!! I was so excited!!! I am so happy for you!! Congradulation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a sweet little girl. What an amazing time for your family!!!!

    One day soon I have a little boy from Mother Theresa's orphanage. This give my heart such hope.

    http://the-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! We who have been praying for you and following your journey are praising God right now! She's so precious and blessed to be in your arms tonight!

    ReplyDelete