Meeting Keza

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One minute, mommy.

Maddox misses me. I am right beside him, but I’ve been distracted, my days filled with busyness and running around. Just a few minutes ago I tucked him into bed for his nap. When I bent down to give him a hug he wouldn’t let go of my neck. “One minute, mommy. One minute,” he said. So I laid down, our faces inches apart, and watched him fall asleep. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I listened to the only sound, his breathing. How I love him.

I love my children. I love them more than the next breath of air. Thank you, God, for my sweet babies. Thank you for chubby hands and little wrists. Thank you for big, blue eyes and little boy souls. And thank you for Jubilee, who someday soon I will hold in the crook of my arm. I will fight for her. I will cross the mountains and deserts, continents and seas to find her. I will love her, as I love all my children. My gifts from God.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hanna, you brought tears to my eyes. I have had moments like these with my boys & I always want time to hold still a bit longer. Your boys are so precious, Jubilee is the luckiest little girl to have such sweet big brothers & parents who love her more than words. Can't wait to meet her, hopefully soon. Gods timing is perfect & we have to trust that, even when the waiting is so hard. May He shower you with blessings & peace this week.

    ReplyDelete