Meeting Keza

Monday, February 22, 2010

Necklace

For Valentines Day Wayne ordered me a gift, but through a series of postal mishaps it didn't arrive until today. Ironically, he isn't in town to give it to me. That didn't stop me from opening it, as I have no suspense skills whatsoever.


It's absolutely beautiful. Lovely. I immediately put it on and am pretty sure I'm never going to take it off. I keep feeling the weight of it brushing right above my heart. I keep thinking, 'There she is. She's so close. My little love of Africa.'

5 comments:

  1. It is very pretty and signifies such an awesome time in your family's life. I think the chain is just fine afterall...it is perfect just like it is. I just took a peek at the Maddox family blog and saw pictures of Carrington. How cute! How amazing that the Lord had put her in their hearts...and now she is in their arms. It won't be long now, Hanna. Heart to Arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through some other Rwandan adoption blogs, I love to meet others on the same journey as we are! My husband got me the same necklace for my birthday in November. Isn't it wonderful! I wear it constantly to remind me of the little girl waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also adopting from Rwanda and I would love to get that neclace. Do you mind telling me where your husband got it?
    Thanks! And good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie and Jenn! The necklace was purchased on etsy.com by a seller named JUNKPOSSE. If you type Africa Adoption Necklace into the site's search window a lot of really cool necklaces will pop up. This one was a little more spendy than other's, probably due to it being Sterling Silver. Take a look, you will love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanna, Chase go tme the same necklace for Valentine's Day!! Don't you love it. Praying for a referral soon for you guys and for the Lord to continue to sustain you as you wait!
    Laura Bowers
    Fellow AWAA Rwanda mom
    DTR 11/12/09

    ReplyDelete