Meeting Keza

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nesting


This house is full of boys. I am up to my ears in tractors, motorcycles, bugs and boogers. While I love their rugged ways, I couldn't be more excited to have a little back up from the fairer sex. I was never a girly-girl, in fact I hated wearing dresses as a child and pinky-swore that I'd never, ever, put the color pink in my house. I thought of that this morning, as I finished covering the nursery with the final coat of semi-gloss PINK. What has happened to me? This little unknown creature has completely melted me into a big pile of girly gush. I have even gone to great lengths, combing the isles of every local store, to find the perfect first doll for my daughter. After realizing that dark-skinned dolls are next-to-none, I went on Etsy and bought this sweet little thing. Maybe she will like it. Or maybe she will be as I was and reject all forms of doll paraphernalia, but it won't matter. If I'm honest I'll admit that the pink and the ribbons and the dolls are really for me. I've metamorphosed into mother-of-girl. I'm nesting. It's fun.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a girly-girl either, but I sure do love picking out Elsa's outfits in the mornings! Pink is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Hanna do I know how you feel! I have two boys and now a girl. My cousins daughter said the other day, "Why does Carington always have to have a bow in her hair?" That is how girly I've become with a girl in my home! I to searched for the perfect 1st doll (which she cares nothing about, but Noah loves!) She loves a more realistic one that her grandma got her. I think it reminds her of the babies that were her family.
    I love the name Maddox by the way. If it wasn't already my last name one of my boys would probably have been named that!
    Continueing to pray for you and Jubilee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way when I dream about having a little girl- girly, girly, girl & like you I was never (still am not) a girly girl. So funny how it happens. SO excited for you guys & I LOVE the doll!

    ReplyDelete