Meeting Keza

Sunday, February 21, 2010

In this Together


Wayne is in New Orleans for a business conference. Whenever he is away I try to do some extra-fun things with my boys to pass the time. Since we are having freakishly warm weather this February (40+ degrees and everything is melting) I decided to pack up the boys yesterday and drive to the Anchorage Zoo.

We had a lot of fun and ended the event with lunch at Arbys. When our food came we prayed. After the ‘Amen’ Gideon looked very troubled. I asked what was wrong and he told me that I hadn’t prayed right. I asked him how I should have prayed and this is what he told me: “Mommy, you forgot Jubree!" (Jubilee)
-He bows his head dramatically- ‘Dear Jesus, tank you for the food. Tank you for all the animals. Help baby fishter Jubree be safe and come to me in a big, big airplane.’

Oh, my heart. I love, love, love hearing his little voice praying for her. I love that he remembers her. We are in this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment