Meeting Keza

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adam Walsh, Baby!

Like cold water to a weary soul,
So is good news from a distant land.
                                             Proverbs 25:25

Tonight the phone rings. Mom wearily puts it to her ear and says hello. Suddenly her eyes widen, and she trips over her words when she realized who is on the other side of the line. "Hanna! It's Brad!"

I pick up the phone hoping that this is good news and not news of another delay. Brad hears my voice and says, "Well, I finally got through to the person that makes things happen just now (which means he is indeed working after-hours) and I have news that your Adam Walsh has cleared. You can pick up this Visa first thing in the morning!"

I burst into tears. Mom squeals like a pig-tailed little girl. Brad says, "Um, are you ok?"

Am I ok? I am WAY better than ok! I jump up and down and do a victory dance with Keza in my arms, who looks very startled at the sight of two crazed white women flopping and flailing around the room.

One month ago today I left my family and my home, boarded a plane as a mother of two children and flew halfway around the world into the biggest adventure of my life. Tomorrow I board a plane as a mother of three, my arms full, and my heart fuller.

THANK YOU, God, for answering our prayers and getting us on a plane before another weekend comes. Thank you friends, the many hundreds of you, who got on your knees and asked God to move on our behalf. I can't say He was early, but He is faithful and He helped us yet again.

Saturday night I will kiss my sweet little boys and introduce my husband to his brand-new, beautiful baby girl. Keza will meet her forever family and we will have every cause to thank God for all that He has done for us.

15 comments:

  1. yay! great news! praying for your trip home...for health for you and keza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD! What a journey you've all been through. I've been blog-stalking for a while, and have prayed for you all. From your frustating wait to the Adam Walsh messup, you've been in our thoughts. Our family is just beginning the process. Thank you for sharing the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO thankful!! Been praying all day and will continue to pray that your journey home is uneventful and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo happy to hear that! Ive never met you, (Im a close friend with Renee), but have been reading your blogs from your Mom's FB posts. Every time I read it the story brings tears to my eyes. God bless you and your family for the amazing gift you are giving that little girl. Have a wonderful trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! Hanna, I am so thrilled for you to finally begin your trip home with your beautiful baby girl. We will be praying for a safe trip and thinking of you when your famiy is finally all together, forever!!
    -Sheri
    AWAA Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!! Can't wait to see your whole beautiful family finally together!!! Have a safe and {hopefully uneventful} trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be at the airport with bells on. I am so thrilled that I will be able to hold Keza in my arms before I go home. God is so good.

    Mama Martie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such good news - cold water to our weary waiting souls indeed! I am so very happy for you, Hanna (and family!)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful amazing God we serve!! So happy for your family!! I too look forward to meeting little Keza!-- Mary Beall

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crying right now as my 5 year old jumps up and down saying, "yeah, God answered our prayers. Boy, its a good thing we prayed or they'd still be stuck there!"
    MUCH love to you and your united family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
    Praise Him all creatures here below,
    Praise Him above ye heavenly host,
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Amen.

    Rejoicing and praising with you in Peterborough!

    Don and Sue Covert

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOORAY HANNA!!! That is so wonderful! Can't wait to meet your little girl! God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete