Meeting Keza

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Focus

Today we heard from Washington DC but it was not news of passing our John Walsh Clearance. The DC office contacted the Embassy to inform them that our file had been submitted improperly and that we would need to start the background check again. Window #10 didn't understand this, as he says he submitted our paperwork in the same way that he always submits paperwork, including the paperwork of the other families that have just gotten home with their kids. He said he would try to make personal contact with some individuals in D.C. Maybe they could find a solution.

I feel discouraged. If we have to wait the full time for this 2nd check to run its course we are talking the end of next week. I don't want to do that. I miss my children so badly. Gideon told me on the phone today that I needed to hurry and bring Jubilee (hasn't quite caught onto Keza yet) home to meet him. Sweet Gideon, I am trying.

People, would you pray? Would you petition for our Visa? We need to get home.

Sometimes it feels like everything about this adoption story has been ridiculously complicated. In fact, most details I have not included in this blog. They are many. Every step of the way we have had to fight to make this go through. But you know what? Keza is laying in a crib right next to me. She spent the evening sitting in my lap giggling and flopping her arms. She is growing. Even the hair on her head looks totally different than when I first met her. She is eating up a storm, getting nutrients, being touched and loved and cared for. I have to focus on that.

11 comments:

  1. Praying hard Hanna. And enlisting my family and friends to do the same.
    Its hard to understand why your family has had such a difficult time through out this process. But one thing is for sure, Keza is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna,
    Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

    Psalm 37:7-9

    Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

    Isaiah 40:31
    but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

    Hope you find a little encouragement in these verses...a few that have been a comfort to me in times of trials and uncertainty.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the visa to come though! And for your peace as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...definitely praying. i'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanna-Praying for you! God is in control and we praise Him for that, we praise Him for bringing you and Keza together and we pray for you both to be home and reunited with the rest of your family very soon. God can move mountains and we pray for that now in regards to your visa. We thank Him now that He will take care of this detail too. We thank Him that you have Keza in your arms during this hard extended wait. We will be checking tomorrow for any news you have to share. Thanks for the privalege of praying for your family in this.

    -Sheri & Jeff
    AWAA Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, You have my hourly prayers. I was just thinking the same thing Sheri said, I am so thankful you have Keza with you during the wait - so thankful!! Still, I can only imagine your desire to be home with the rest of your family. I am asking the Lord for a miracle!! Adrienne (also part of the AWAA Family)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Niebrugges are praying for you too! Gods Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hanna- I too have been praying for you hourly. Please know that you have so many people raising up you & your family in prayer. I have family that are missionaries in Kenya. I will call my parents tomorrow & see if they could be of any assistance or support to you. The Lord is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, I don't know who you are but your comment caught my eye. You said you have missionary relatives in Kenya. It looks like we might be stuck here for awhile and desperately need a more affordable option for lodging. We have a discounted rate where we are staying now but between food, hotel, water and transport to and from the Embassy, we are averaging $215 a day. We can't afford it any longer. Nairobi is one of the more dangerous cities in East Africa. We can't stay just anywhere. Maybe your family would know somewhere affordable AND safe. We would so appreciate the help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hanna- I just saw you got the Visa cleared! What an answer to prayer! I finally got an answered call through to my parents in Kenya. They have been traveling but said of course if u need anything they will help. They are baptist missionaries and have a network of people willing to help u. I'm not sure if u still need lodging or anything at this point but just know it's there for u if u need. I'll keep checking in to see of your safe return. Post if u need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hanna - We are currently adoption from Rwanda. I've tried to email you but it hasn't worked. Could you explain on your Blog how you were able to go without your husband to Rwanda. It would be very helpful to me. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete