Meeting Keza

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Slightest Cracks

Update:
If we are to get the Visa before the weekend we have one workday to complete it. The DC office opens in less than four hours. For two hours the Embassy here and Washington will have time to communicate before the United States of America closes shop in Kenya. In that two hours, my contact, his name is Brad, must call and have his call anwered. He must speak to the right person who has the clout or authority to understand the problem, correct the problem and issue an approval.

Please pray for Brad. He has been helpful, but he is not as concerned as we are. We are stuck in Nairobi with a problematic visa. He is not. We have a family split in two, he does not. Please pray that he will be motivated to do whatever is necessary and possible for him to do on this side of things. Pray that God blesses his conversations and directs clear paths to the right people at the right times.

Despite having an awesome discount on our hotel, we are averaging about 215$ a day between food, lodging, water (which is ridiculously expensive) and transport to and from the Embassy. This isn't counting Internet, phone or any other expenses that we might incur. That means that this oversight made by the Embassy and DC has already cost us an extra $1,500. Every day that increases. We would really love to check out of this hotel!

I was able to change our tickets (again) for tomorrow night. Pray we will be on that flight. Also, I have been very sick but am recovering. Keza, however, seems to be coming down with something. Since I've already given you several  prayers to work off of, maybe you can add that one to your ever-growing list.

I don't know why this is happening, but whatever the reason may be, God is still my Father. I hope He acts sooner than later and as his daughter I am asking (begging) for Him to move ASAP. But even if He doesn't open the doors at the rate I want them opened, I am going to try my hardest to trust Him and to have a heart of gratitude. In the meantime, I will push through every door that has the slightest crack!

8 comments:

  1. It is an honor to be on my knees for you and your family right now! I will pray for your strength and for the conversations between countries.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Hanna. My family is keeping you lifted in prayers throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hanna,

    You do not know me, but I too adopted my daughter from Rwanda last year and I am very good friends with N. I have been following your journey and pray that you will be able to go home soon. If for some reason you have to stay in Nairobi, you might want to consider moving to the Gigiri Homestead (http://gigirihomestead.com/). We stayed here while getting our daughter's visa. It is clean and comfortable, walking distance to the US Embassy, not too expensive and close to a mall. Praying that you do not even have to consider this option and you are on a plane home tomorrow!

    Best,
    Torri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gigiri Homestead looks AWESOME. And it is so close to the Embassy! We are paying 20$ a day just to get there. And free wireless! And an outdoor area that we could sit in the grass! And it's $50 bucks a night. I will have to tell N. about this. Unfortunately, I just called and they are booked. If you have any other suggestions I am open!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanna,
    We wake every morning looking for news. Our family is praying that you will be on that flight - that He will fill you with strength as you wait, and that your family will be united very soon.
    God bless you dear friend -
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hanna-
    You don't know me, but my husband and I are in process in Rwanda and have truly been so blessed to read about your adoption. We adopted our daughter from Guatemala and I can relate fully with your experience. We were stuck too- and although it happened three years the memories are so intense it could be happening again right now. It will work out- it will! Praying for you!!
    Megan Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joining you before the Lord for every request you listed. As Lamentations says, we are pouring ourselves out for the lives of your children...the beautiful one with you in Kenya, and the precious boys away from you. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

    ReplyDelete