Meeting Keza

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dream

Last night I spent some time going through the pictures from Africa with Keza sitting on my knee. I walked her through the pictures, despite her oblivion, and told her the story of when we met for the very first time. within minutes I had tears streaming down my face and was completely stunned all over again. Did this really happen? Did I seriously just adopted a child from Rwanda, Africa? Is she really here, in the flesh and blood, sitting on my knee? Can I really kiss her and love her and keep her forever as my own? It just feels like a dream.

A few hours later I ran across a verse that, of course, brought me to my knees and back to tears. To all of you who are still waiting- this is for you. Hold tight. It will happen.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth.
 - Isaiah 43: 5-6

And...I had to add a few pictures of the most recent family birthday bash.
McKenna was born while I was in Africa. Welcome to the clan, baby girl!

Nephew Mason Abram. Don't you want to eat him?

Gideon longingly looking at life beyond the fenced porch.

Great Grandpa and baby Keza.

It is painful. Just painful. That's how adorable he is.

Oh, Jocelynn Rose, what a knock-out.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the encouragement, hanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have a beautiful family! I have been following your wonderful journey to your daughter and have cried as I read your words. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with me. We have just started our journey to our son who is waiting in Rwanda. I cannot wait for the day to go through pictures with him just as you have done with Keza.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    allee-fam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete