Meeting Keza

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.                      -Emily Dickinson

Hope is the most important thing, isn't it? The thrilling knowledge that there is always a chance. Hope is the upward look, the heart that skips a beat, the open door. Hope grows like wildflowers in a heart that can't ever be plucked fast enough to extinguish. It's resilient. It's tough. It's jubilant. 

And I have it - the hope that it will be a great, big, bright day tomorrow, that I will see her little face when I wake. 

2 comments:

  1. It will be soon! I was just chuckling to myself because, although we don't know each other, I check every day to see if you got your referral. And when your referral does come through, your cyber friends in adoption (like me) will STILL have to wait to see her photo:) I hope tomorrow is the day for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jubilee is already in my heart. My heart is aching to see her...as it aches to see Gideon and Maddox. It has almost been 6 months :(
    Grandma Martie

    ReplyDelete