Meeting Keza

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Knots

I heard about referrals coming from Rwanda around 5 AM. My good friend and waiting buddy received one of two referrals she was expecting and called me immediately so I could check my own email. My hands were shaking as I waiting for the computer to boot up. I pulled up my in-box and sat there a long time, staring at nothing.

I am an emotional roller-coaster today. I waver between feeling ok and that it gets here when it gets here, and then 5 minutes later tears spring from my eyes and I want to find an empty hole and crawl in. Sometimes I feel like this will never end.

My caseworker wrote this morning to say that I could expect to see the referral very soon. She thought it would be today. I must have pressed my send/receive button 200 times. It's almost 8 PM in Rwanda now. I have to accept that its not coming today.

I am in knots. I can hardly stand this. I am going insane.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am anxious and I don't even know you ha ha!!! I don't know how I am ever gonna hold up when it comes time for my own referral if this is what it is like:)

    Good luck for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what you are going through. My husband and I are about to be DTR. I'm sure my feelings will be very similar to yours. I'm praying that news comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, Hanna. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hanna,
    We are praying, and hoping, and waiting with you. Your patience and grace under the tremendous pressure of this wait is so honoring to the Lord. He will finish what he has started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close! I was hoping you would get it today and I don't even know you! I'll be praying too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanna,
    I have been at S's house today, rejoicing (finally!) over their new little girl. She has infrequently told me about your adoption journey and told me about your morning today. I also will be praying for your referral, and you, and asking God to let you and S travel to Rwanda together.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hanna, thinking of you today. This is one of those situations where your pain is bringing Him glory. Your faith has been amazing and your honesty is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rejoicing again with S today and fervently praying for God to bring your little one into your inbox. Also praying for God to guard your heart and mind.
    And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
    LZ

    ReplyDelete