Meeting Keza

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Leap of Faith

As most of you already know, we did not receive our referral on Friday. God heard the prayers and loved the prayers but it still wasn't the day for news. As I told many of my new adoption friends, I am truly very disappointed but am also feeling confident that in the end its going to all work out whether I travel with this next group or not. Maybe there is some big spiritual reason or maybe its just one of those dumb things that happen in life that don't seem to have rhyme nor reason. Either way, God will work it out for the good!

The hardest part in waiting is thinking about Jubilee and wishing I could take care of her. I have medicine, good food, open arms. All of which she is getting sparing amounts of now. If nothing else, God is requiring me to trust Him. He is, after all, the ultimate parent.

Despite no word yet, there is still a chance I can still travel in May if everything comes through quickly from here on. I don't know if this will happen, but hope is hard to squash and so I'm not going to even try. I am taking a leap of faith and doing what I can to prepare for travel in May with the next group! Last week my traveling partners and I made our way to the doctors office for our Yellow fever shot. It was our lucky day because the State of Alaska happened to be offering FREE Hepatitis A, B and Tetnus shots! We were planning on just going with the required Yellow Fever shot and Malaria pills, but we are bargain hunters and how could we refuse ANYTHING free, even if it came with serum and a long pointed spear? Four shots and four prescriptions later, we are rearing to go!


I haven't had shots in a LONG time! Actually feeling a little nervous here!


Mom being dramatic.

Heidi (Sister) looking fairly tropical already.
Proudly displaying our Yellow Fever Serum!

Mommy, Auntie and Granna are coming for you, baby! Sit tight!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!!
    I can't wait to meet Heidi and your mom - and that means I am still counting on you all as travel buddies. Let's get this referral and go get the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Lianne is feeling sad this morning. The sun has peeked over the mountains and the day is lighting up...it is going to be a gorgeous day here in Alaska. But my heart feels as if it is setting as the sun sets in Rwanda and the shadows fall there in the land where a baby girl resides. The rise and fall of hope takes its toll after awhile. A prayer on the tip of my tongue and that resounds in my heart is for the Lord to take care of Jubilee and to speed the release of the paperwork so that we can make the plans to come and get our girl. The ache of the unknown is heavy. The out-of-our-hands limbo dance we are compelled to participate in, has taken our strength and left us limp. It is at times like this that I know where to look. I know where to go. The Lord becomes strong when we are weak, and His faithfulness shines like the sun every morning when it rises, day after day, week after week, month after month. God is faithful. I believe this to be true. I remind myself that He is to be trusted. Either I believe God is in control or I don't. I want to know why. Why is this process taking longer than any other? What are the reasons? But I don't have to have the answers. I just have to know that God is enough. He is. Move on Hanna and Wayne's behalf, Lord and for our extended family. Hang on to Jubilee, since we can't. Move quickly and swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    My husband and I are also working on a Rwandan adoption - from Canada. We are looking for a lawyer in Rwanda to complete our Dossier.

    Do you have one you might recommend?

    If you are willing to share, our email is: glowtoes@hotmail.com

    Gail....

    We would love to chat about the process and share stories....if you would like. It is great knowing we are all out there together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am continuing to pray that God's hand will place Jubilee in your inbox, despite human frailties. I am also still praying for your heart and mind, that you will remember 1 Peter 1:8-9 and those other come-through-the-trials-as-pure-gold passages that you may not like to hear about right now. :-)
    As I've been stalking your blog for the past 10 days or so, these verses keep coming to my mind:
    Daniel 10:12-13 - Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
    LZ

    ReplyDelete