Meeting Keza

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 5

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have. - Richard Carlson

I don't have a referral.

But I do have a little girl who has already been chosen for me by orphanage nuns, by Rwanda, and by the God of the universe. I do have a big, wonderful supportive family and friends that love me and love this unknown, unseen, unheard child. I do have two little boys that have opened their hearts to their someday baby sister. Just last week after seeing no toys in the nursery, they dragged their best toys up two flights of stairs to Jubilee's room so 'baby fishter had fun stuff to play with.' I do have a husband who was willing and able to 1)Adopt 2)Adopt Mixed-Race 3)Adopt internationally - on the other side of the planet. How many husbands would really do that? I don't think many. I do have a husband that works so incredibly hard so that I can spend my time as a stay-at-home mom, capturing every possible moment I can with my children. I do have a warm home to welcome her into, money to support her, strong arms to carry her with and hope in the ultimate adoptive father, her true father, which I will spend my life demonstrating before her. I do have everything I really need in my life. I am blessed beyond compare. I have nothing to complain about today.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Hanna, so true. I too have had to sit down & make the list of "do haves" in the 2 years we've been waiting on our home. It is nowhere near the agony you must be going through in the waiting but I do understand on a small scale. You're attitude is incredible & I know God will honor you in the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! You're so right. I need to think like this more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you "do have" a beautiful smile and the most incredible eyes and most of all a warm and compassionate heart. Martie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna--
    my eyes weRe filled with tears as I read your tribute and poem to Mary. I smiled as I pictured her dancing and smiling. You have a way with words. I will pray Gods comfort on you and your family
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete