Meeting Keza

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A little Birdie

The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing. -Eric Berne

This morning I was sitting on the couch checking my email when Gideon stumbled out of his bedroom. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and said softly, "Mommy, a little birdie came in my bed with me when I was sleeping." I mumbled something about how nice that was, but it wasn't until a few moments later, when he sat down beside me, that it caught my eye: a white feather stuck to his nightshirt! I said, "Oh my goodness! A birdie DID sleep with you! Where did this feather come from?" He looked as surprised as I did and grinned from ear to ear at the feather. "Mommy, that birdie slept on my fingers!"
I told my husband and it really creeped him out. I, however, have gotten so much joy and entertainment out of our little mystery. Who knows, maybe God did send a little birdie to sleep with my sweet boy last night. Anything is possible...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this mystery...and i've retold it several times. Last night as Gideon snuggled down in Grandma's bed he brought the subject up again and is sooo convinced and sure of the little birdie that came that I am now a believer too! He told me that it didn't talk or say anything to him...just went to sleep. hmmmmm It reminds me of the peace of God...how it can settle on you and leave a mark, a sign. May that be for you too, during this waiting time for Jubilee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying the little birdie goes to visit Jubilee next!

    ReplyDelete