Meeting Keza

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 8

Psalm 31:14-15a
But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand...

No referral.

Last night my mom spoke at an evening service at church. It's always a little shocking to see her up there, microphone in hand, speaking to the masses. Several years ago I wouldn't have believed it. God has transformed her. I was sitting in my seat trying to capture the moment, trying to tether it, pull it down into a locked box in my heart. This is my mother, my heritage, bringing people to tears with her words. This is God working in her, speaking through her. She is my mama. I couldn't help but think of my little Jubilee. What pictures will I leave her? What will she tether and keep from my life lived out? I hope she sees me as a daughter loved deeply by God. A daughter that knows her father and trusts His every move.

I'm going to trust God today with my baby. He will protect her, love her, care for her. He will make a way for her and hold her securely. 'cause He's like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment