Meeting Keza

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Parking Lots

I have recently been blessed with many new friends that I have never known and may never meet in person. These strangers have become such a sweet part of my life. We have a common bond, or maybe it's better said- an uncommon bond: Rwanda Adoption. We are at all different stages on the process, we live across the United States and even the throughout the world beyond. We have become our own little culture of parents that wait, hope and believe together as we walk through this crazy adoption adventure.

One such friend is named Allie Brannon. Allie and I share a lot of similarities. We are stay-at-home moms, have two boys and are waiting for baby girls. A few days ago I got an unexpected gift from her in the mail. It was such a sweet surprise.
A hammered metal charm to add to the necklace Wayne gave me for Valentines Day. Etched on the face is the name of my someday daughter, Jubilee. It was uncanny how perfect the timing was. I was having quite the internal war, faltering badly in my trust of God about His timing and very mysterious ways. I was reminded, looking at the necklace in my palm, that God loves me, He's concerned, and He knows my baby's name. Sitting in the Post Office parking lot, tears were brimming my eyes as I threaded the pendant on the chain. Gideon echoed my sentiments from the backseat, "Mommy, now your necklace really pretty!" It's beautiful.
I feel so blessed to have people that have never known me love me and be so kind. Allie's gesture made me think about the kind of person I want to be. Tender and thoughtful in my concern for other people. I want to reach people where they are: in stress, in sadness, in good times, in bad, in the post office parking lots of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. found your blog through Courntey's. Love the name Jubilee! We got home with our Grace on 12/16/10. I can't wait to go back and read your story!

    ReplyDelete